David Bowie - Heathen

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by thebug, Jun 17, 2002.

1. So what do you guys think about this album? IMO it's pretty good, songs like Slip Away, Afraid and Everyone says Hi are once again good examples of Bowie's very original and great songwriting style...

David Bowie really is an amazing songwriter, very cool that Jordan Rudess plays on it too.

btw. does anyone know if he will ever continue with the Outside sequels?
  2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I like it too! Tony Levin also plays on it:D I've enjoyed most of Bowie's music for a long time! I saw him on a couple shows last week, and he was still using Gail Ann Dorsey [ who I also admire] for his live band.
  3. aaarghh! I didn't even know Tony Levin played on it, gonna listen to album again right now, how could I have missed something like that:eek:
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    He's not playing on the whole album, and it doesn't list which tracks he is on. As far as I can tell, I think he is only playing fretless on 'Slip Away.' I believe it's Tony Visconti on the rest of the album.

I think the album is his best one in years. Amazing how Bowie keeps morphing.
  5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I thought it was great for Bowie to go back to Visconte.....who I think was his original bassist too.
    The sad thing is I saw Bowie on a show last week saying how he won't even make a video for the album because no way would MTV play it.
    I'm not sad for the lack of video, but the fact that people won't be exposed to a artist who is still doing viable art in his later years....you have to admire that even if you didn't like his music.
  6. I believe he did make a video for the "Hours" album, but it's wasn't really a succes. I agree with you Jerry, IMO Bowie should be getting (and deserves)way more exposure and most of all respect than he gets nowadays .....