Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

David Crowder Band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DigMe, Sep 26, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Crowder Band kicked off their tour here in Waco tonight with a CD release concert. It was incredible and intense. Being the first show of a big tour in support of a new CD and being in their hometown in a fairly small venue everyone was really hyped and it was a pretty smokin show. Their new stuff is fantastic. They're all great musicians who each add something unique to the sound. The bassist mixed in some theremin and is also operating a lot more electronic stuff live than I've ever seen him do. Just some great sounds they've got going on...a real mix of stuff from all over. I've seen them several times and this was by far the best. Also, Crowder himself was hilarious as usual.

Robbie Seay Band opened...they have a killer bassist with killer gear. I think he may be a member here..not sure. Then Shane Barnard and Shane Everett played. I like both of those bands but Crowder just blew them away...that band is a force and they put on a heckuva live show.

Check out their dates and if you're a fan and they're coming near you try and catch the show. Admission to the show came with the new CD that's being released tomorrow. I've listened to some tracks and it's good. Especially track 13, Do Not Move. Has some excellent and unique electronic stuff going on.

brad cook

2. I'll be there on Saturday at the El Lay Convention Center.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Let me know how that show goes.

brad cook

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I've never really listened to Dave Crowder that much...I'll give him a listen tonight in my mp3 player tho....

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Which album are you listening off of? I'd recommend "Illuminate" or the new one, "A Collision"

brad cook

6. I love DCB. They absolutely rock. My band does, if I say so myself, an awesome rendition of O Praise Him. And yes, Illuminate is a great album.

I dont mean to be full of myself, but when the guy recording my band heard the full thing all together, he gave a really great compliment. He said that we sound alot like David Crowder Band. It was pretty sweet.

7. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    The new album is great!! You really have to look at it as a poetic and symbolic piece though. If you are just getting it for music you'll miss out on a lot. There is meaning in the quotes and interludes.

I'll be going to a concert on 11/5. Can't wait.

By the way...Foreverandever ect....best song "ever!"

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow...Crowder band's new CD reached the number 2 spot on iTunes! Not bad for a little band from Waco.

brad cook

9. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Collision is the most interesting album I've heard in any genre in a long time. I saw them at Cornerstone festival last year.. blew my socks off.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, it's great. All over the map. Anyone that's never heard bluegrass morph into Piesque electronica and then into symphonic rock should take a listen to A Collision. And that's just three songs..there are lots of other sounds going on there too.

brad cook