David "Eden" Lives???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    kinda wondering out loud, but...

remember how everyone used to mistake the David Nordschow's name as David Eden. well, lo and behold on the website, it says "David Eden" amplification.

what the freakin'?

2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Well then, who in the heck is David Eden. There is a giant metal plaque on the front of all my speaker cabinets with his name on it. :eyebrow:
  3. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Queue "unsolved mysteries" theme song
  4. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I think the cabinets would look a lot better without those giant plaques on the front. A small emblem about the size of a shirt button with the name "Eden" on it would have been plenty. Are those plaques glued on there or something else? When I get home I think I will take a screwdriver and see if they can be pried off without wrecking the finish on the grille. :smug:
  5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    They used 'David Eden' because the real name of the company owner, Mortimer Von Schwartzenstein III, wouldn't fit.
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I took a close look at mine, and in tiny letters it still says David "BY" Eden . . . . perhaps that has changed over time, by I've got two pieces that say "BY" . . . :meh:
  7. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    maybe its the new owner just streamlining, you know like: "WorkingPro by SWR" or "MAG by Ashdown"

just a guess
  8. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    you know, I was just thinking...maybe it has something to do with how SWR has the Goliath and Eden has the David...
    That would be an obvious joke. David wins.
  9. Wasn't that Sir Mortimer Von Schwartzenstein III? :rollno:
  10. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I bought a 410T when they first came out. The music store I bought them from had told me to wait before I bought the Goliath because this new cab was arriving the next day and I should compare them. From what they told me, Eden had built SWR's cabs at first, and they were now launching out on their own. Thus the name "David" because David slew Goliath.
  11. +1

Eden is the brand, David is the model. Kinda like Eden is the brand Nemisis is the model.
  12. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    So my SWR's weren't made by someone named Goliath??? :(