1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

David Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mahumadi, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Mahumadi

Mahumadi Banned

Apr 19, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I am looking at an ad for a SWR Goliath 410 and apparently its an original david eden version. What does that mean? Ive googled and searched to no avail.

Can any info or insight be given to me on this cab? Im hoping to check it out tomorrow. The price is just over $300 (used).

2. My understanding is that Eden Electronics originally built the Goliath cabinet for SWR. Then there was some sort of falling out between the two companies, and Eden started building their own cabinets. Some people don't get this, but Eden called their cabinet the "David" ( David slew Goliath-get it?). I think only the Goliath 1 (or the original Goliath with the grille cloth) was built by Eden. Now, I could be completely wrong on this, or there could be a lot more to the story, but that is what I heard.

3. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    Have you tried other Eden cab? Eden originally DESIGNED the Goliath for SWR; and as mentioned, Eden also built the Goliath cabinet for SWR as well.

The Goliath I is almost identical to the Eden D410T. It sounds closer to other Eden over all than the Goliath II or III.

And looking inside the cab, I like the construction of Eden better than other SWR cab.

4. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Didn't David Eden use to work for SWR? If he did, that's probably the reason for the similar control layout.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    There is no David Eden. It's David Nordschow.

6. Chris S.

Chris S.

Nov 4, 2000
    I have one of the original SWR 4x10 cabs, it does indeed say "David" by Eden on the back. Oh, and it's still a great sounding cab. :cool: CS

7. I have to agree, I think Eden cabinets sound better and are sturdier than the SWRs. I never cared for Eden amps, but the D410T was a great cabinet. I used to own two of them.

8. Mahumadi

Mahumadi Banned

Apr 19, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    After digging a bit deeper im finding some info. It seems like a decent cab and a decent price.

9. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i fully agree. that is a fair price, obviously assuming its in decent condition.

10. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    I drug around the 410T for nearly 3 years all around the country and it never let me down. I miss that cab. When I bought it I A/B'd it with a Goliath I and IMO, the Eden blew it away. A couple of other guys were with me and they agreed. And to stay on topic, yes Eden built the original SWR cabs.