David Friesen to teach at my college!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Wow, how cool is this? I was walking up to my MIDI class today, when I saw a poster advertising that David Friesen will be teaching an Upright bass class here at Clackamas Community College next term. This is sweet!! I couldn't tell if it was for a whole term, or if it was just a seminar class, but this is still cool. Hang on, tomorrow I will stop by the poster again and get more info off of it.

Rock on
  2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Cool, a friend of mine is studying with him right now. Keep us posted, please.
  3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    So he's living around there now? Been living there?

I thought he was in the Seattle area, but that could have been some time ago.

Edit: He was born in Seattle. That was it. :-D
  4. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    my last name is Friesen :)
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    name is familiar... but why?
  6. Bass Bash 2004. I did a search, too, cause I couldn't think of where I had heard the name, either.

Rock on
  7. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    I met him at the Bay Area Bass Quake a couple of weeks ago, he heard me playing my Atelier Z Bass thru the Aguliar gear they had in the exhibition room and told me that my playing sounded great :) .

He not only made my day, he made my year.
  8. I looked closer at the poster today, and it says that he will be teaching some seminar classes at three of the community colleges in the area, Clackamas, Portland and Mt. Hood. This is very cool. It starts next term. Granted, it's mostly upright, but I still get to at least see him play. Very cool.:D

Rock on