David Gage/Patitucci Master Class Video

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by JazznFunk, Aug 31, 2002.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Anyone else check this out? I got it a few days ago and am loving it. So much great advice from a, in my opinion, master player. I know other will differ with that opinion, but that's how it goes.

Was anyone actually at that masterclass? What did you all think?
  2. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Is it worth the $40 or whatever?
  3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    It's definitely worth the $30 to me... John offers a lot of useful advice, and illustrates all of the concepts he's discussing clearly in his playing with the guitarist he has with him (whose name escapes me at the moment). I recommend it.
  4. Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    it's very cool, but I wish he played more, I think we learn more from other players when we watch 'em play. we talk about things like pulse, tempo, feel, scales, harmony, taste, and many other things and we all know what we are talking about, but when comes time to perform is hard to put all those things to work.
    I wish there would be more videos available where guys actually play! that's why I love all my Keith Jarrett videos, and in fact I have Gary Peacock's the acoustic bass video, and he also talks about many things and that video is a great tool, but when it comes right down to it is very important to watch keith's live videos, so then you can associate his philosophy and aproach with his music.blah,blah,blah.
  5. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Does Patittuci play only DB in the video?
  6. I had a great time with John in the class, he is an excellent teacher and loves to share his knowledge with others. I also bought the video and have watched it several times. He plays on the video with Jay Azzolina, a super guitarist. They just blowed the whole night! It was amazing to see two musicians play off of each other and challenge each other to the farthest reaches of the harmonic "out"
  7. If you want to see a video that is more playing and less talking, I recommend the Rufus Reid/Micheal Moore Bass Day '97 video. I find their playing to be inspirational. A great performance.