1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

David Hasselhof's Rock Band 1973

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MEKer, Jan 16, 2013.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    We were doing original stuff--just garden variety "rock".

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Did you play on this album Looking for Freedom an album by David Hasselhoff released on 21 June 1989. It contained Hasselhoff's biggest hit (in Germany), "Looking for Freedom."

3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    No. David and I just faded out of touch in the early '80s.

4. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    I'm gonna go against the grain here but dude, I NEED to hear those mp3's!

5. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    Venice Beach..."The SAFEST Beach". I don't know why, but that just looks funny. Free of sharks? Free of liter? What were the unsafe beaches of the time?

6. These days Venice Beach is kind of a freak show. Tourist come to the beach just to photograph the freaks.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Very cool story and thank you for sharing those memories.

8. Obe

Obe

May 15, 2005
    Springfield MA area
    Great! I always thought David started singing after his acting career took off.

I think it is worth mentioning that after (reluctantly) listening to his music, I found the song Hot Shot City particularly good.

:bag:

9. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
  10. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    THIS thread is yet another reason that I LOVE Talkbass.

You can't get this kind of information anywhere else.

I think that it's pretty cool that he did that before his acting career took off, it makes him human.

11. TheBass

TheBass

Jul 2, 2004
    Germany
    It's really strange that this myth is still existing in the US. For more than 20 years he's considered as a wannabe ex-star with massive alcohol problems in Germany. You might be able to find some very rare die hard fans here ... but it's very likely they also share Mr.Hasselhoffs problems.

12. Best thread of the year so far.....Thanks for sharing

13. mogpipe

mogpipe

Apr 22, 2011
    ...........and always, ALWAYS remember..........................
    ....GERMANS LOVE DAVID HASSELHOFF!!!!

14. TheBass

TheBass

Jul 2, 2004
    Germany
    Oh yes ! Those must be the ones around me jodeling, wearing Lederhosen, drinking beer out of huge glasses and eating bratwurst & sauerkraut all day. Now I even know why ... ;)

15. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Aguilar Amps, DR Strings, Bartolini Electronics, Creation Audio Labs
    All your post did was make me want to move to Germany even more!

16. TheBass

TheBass

Jul 2, 2004
    Germany
    You're welcome, my friend ! But don't be disapointed to not find me in any Hoff's Fan Club :D

17. Dan Horboychuk

Dan Horboychuk

May 13, 2003
    Poughkeepsie NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Aguilar Amps, DR Strings, Bartolini Electronics, Creation Audio Labs
    Lol ok, I actually toured over in Germany couple years back and loved it over there fantastic place really enjoyed myself

18. where is the hamburger on those pics?

19. Afc70

Afc70 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Northeast Arkansas
    Wow! Skinny pants in the 70's, who knew the hipster movement was in the works then, lol.

20. Dude. When I had my mom peg (skinny-ify) my Levis in the 80's she laughed because she had done the same thing for my brother in the late 50's. There is nothing new under the sun. And Hoff rocks

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021