1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

David Hasselhof's Rock Band 1973

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MEKer, Jan 16, 2013.

1. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2009
    RVA
    MEKer thanks for sharing very cool to see info like this really..

2. Hasselhoff Fan

Hasselhoff Fan

Jan 17, 2021
    Hey, which songs did you sing with David Hasselhoff?

3. wneff

wneff

May 27, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    Yes, I played in a cover band back in 1989-90 in Germany and he was huge. Of course "I've been looking for freedom" resonates well with 17 million people who just got the iron curtain lifted, and we from the western part certainly shared their joy. But yes, when we wanted to fill the dance floor we pulled out "I've been looking for freedom".

BassCliff likes this.
  4. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I just wanted to join YOUR fan club and thank you for sharing your memories. The Hoff is part of pop culture and you've made him a little more real and accessible. He's no Elvis but Hoff is OK in my book.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

6. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

Credit where credit is due. He made himself into a international cultural icon.

That being said, the bar for being a Promi is ridiculously low here. The popularity of Looking for Freedom here was a happy timing coincidence more than anything else. The Hoff hasn't been "big in Germany" since the late 80s.

He's also popular at The Mediocre Bassist Club.
    1109 hoff.jpg

BassCliff likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021