David J. Grossman

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, Jun 29, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I decided to burn a bass solo cd like Spankbass,and after dl'ing a bunch of bass solos i still had like 15 more mins left on the cd.I searched in Google for bass solo mp3's and come across this guy named David J. Grossman.He had 5 mp3's up,just little improv jazz solos...really good too!you should check him out...

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    its our own Dave Grossman! (a Talkbass exclusive!)

(he also does some bach pieces, watch out!)
  3. Well why didn't you say this in MY thread? :D

Yeah this is the guy that has George Washington (or somebody) tapping a 6 string bass in his avatar.
  4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    That would be Bach I believe...;)
  5. It would be better if it was George Washington. Damnit!
  6. Yep. That was Bach. I'll have to renew my membership so I can get my avatar back up there.

Unfortunately, I don't do much recording. The solo stuff I have recorded is basically limited to what is at:

I can do improv or Bach stuff for hours. Getting it recorded to my satisfaction is something else though. The clips posted at my solobass page were just test clips in preparation for more extensive recordings that I never did. The Bach stuff was done several years ago and when I listened to it I realized how much more practice I needed to get that stuff down to my satisfaction.

I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

Just another note. There is another David Grossman who is a professional bassist and has played with the NY Philharmonic or something like that. That's not me ( unfortunately ) ;)

7. Here's one more audio clip. It's really big though. Like 16 megs. It's 14 minutes long. It's a jam at a bar with me sitting in with members of Bitches Brew ( San Francisco band ) and a few guests ( including Vince Wallace ). There are some shakey moments since two of the horn players didn't know the song but it's pretty cool overall. It's a 160kbps Stereo MP3.

I have a lot of clips of me playing in bands. I can post links to some of those if anyone's interested.

- Dave