Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

David Lee Roth has a new gig!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
  2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    If I didn't expect anything today, that would have been it (thank god I'm ready for anything :p ) Oh well, atleast he sounds happy about it, and quite frankly, the world needs more medical personel.

3. Ergh, he would be about the last person I'd want to see if I was that injured.

:rollno: :eyebrow:

4. at least he isn't performing anymore!!!!

5. It's a pity... The world needs more vocalists in gold lame suits.
    [​IMG]

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hey, at least he is working!

I actually liked his show.

Hopefully he will eventually get back on his feet. He just needs to remember his age when choosing his outfits. ;)

7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    MAN! How bad must HE be hurting for money? I've been a paramedic a long time and we generally envy the paychecks of people who flip burgers.

This is REALLY not a field you get into if you want to make a decent living. I have a hard time picturing a former rock star living on what a paramedic can make.

Fortunately I'm married to a Social Worker, so I can rely on her big paychecks to make up the difference.(Where is the 'rolling-my-eyes-so-hard-that-they-might-fall-out-of-my-head' smiley?) My wife has had her Master Degree since 1979 and has only broken $35,000/year twice.

Again, how bad was Dave hurting for money?

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Oh and I have to pass along Conan O'Briens joke about Roth already being replaced at his new ambulance job...by Sammy Hagar. :p

9. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Somebody get me a doctor!

10. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    This story has been going around for several months now. From what I've read it has nothing to do with money, and I applaud him for doing it.

11. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    does he have that disease that like disfigures your face, kinda like that guy who was an WWF announcer, or I think Ebert (movie critic) may have somethign too)

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    +1

Sure is a catty bunch in this joint :eyebrow:

13. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    *Raises hand*

I GOT IT! :)

14. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Oh reeeeeeeally? I wanna see the look on yer face when Ozzie jumps outta the ambulance and runs over to you with the oxygen over HIS face. <haw>

15. ahahahaha yah that would be one hell of a face.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +2

and +1

17. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    This kinda sucks... Roth-VH was the first concert I ever attended as a kid... In fact, w/ Roth as the front man, is the ONLY way I've ever seen VH. To this day, the 1984 tour was one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen.

Sure, he's more obnoxious than me, & prima donna doesn't even cover it... But, damn... Just kinda pisses me off, because him falling to THIS, is sooooooooo.... pathetic.

Anymore, he acts like a hard-up bar wench...

18. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Man could they have possibly picked worse pictures of Roth for that article?!

Good for him!

19. I think former 70's teen idol Bobby Sherman is a paramedic as well.

20. I don´t understand you guys. Every day we read about stars and celebrities who died of OD, stabbed their wives or got caught buying child po***graphy. And you say DLR has fallen?!

Nothing wrong with honest work. He gets my respect. Go Dave!