1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

david lynch

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Linas, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Anyone dig david lynch films? I am a fan of his works and have recently been watching twin peaks and i have to say i am hooked. If any of you have seen his other stuff and though "too far out", twin peaks is a little less strange and more accessible to the average person. It was on network tv in the early 90s i believe. But aside from that, i love mullholland drive, eraserhead, elephant man ect.

2. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    twin peaks was amazing

do they have dvd's out now? or youtube?

3. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    there are dvds out, but there are other ways to get things on the internets :ninja:

4. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    not while your internet connection is provided by the university. i'll keep an eye out for the dvds. Surely they won't be charging that much for them.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm a huge fan of David Lynch. One of my favorite movies of all time is Wild At Heart. I also love Blue Velvet.

6. lost highway was recently done in wide format.......how anyone could pan and scan lynch is puzzling but its still out there.......

7. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    I love Lynch films. I think you can pick up the entire Twin Peaks box set for around $50-60 bucks.

8. No offense to you personally, but that is my all time least favorite movie. It's the only movie I've ever walked out of.

9. Blue Velvet!

10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama

Blue Velvet rocks.

11. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I have seen all his films except his most recent one, shot on a hand camera?

Bizzare stuff.

12. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I knew essentially nothing about Blue Velvet when it came out, and ended up seeing the movie on a second date. She was certainly freaked to a degree (whereas I loved it and still do), but yet she...responded positively, shall we say. I've been a big fan since seeing that one. Twin Peaks and Wild at Heart rank right up there.

13. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    None taken. I know a lot of people hate it. But I love the way it ties into the Wizard of Oz.

I like all David Lynch films. Even Dune.

14. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    That woman must be totaly DOWN. I brought a date to the movie version of Patrick Suskind's "Perfume", and she was mortified.

She wasn't much fun, anyway.

15. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I also loved Crumb. Not a flashy Lynch story, but still really well done I thought.

16. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Eraserhead!

17. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Blue velvet FTW!!!!!

I have been calling my lady friends "mommy" ever since :eek: