1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Davison : Cheapest 6 string bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkQueen, Sep 30, 2010.

1. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
  2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I've never played one, but all that matters is that you like it. I generally find that light basses don't balance very well, so I go with heavier basses to fight the neck dive.

Quality is subjective. To me, if the bass balances well and the neck is comfortable, it's quality. I always expect that I will want to change the electronics, hardware, and do a full fret level & setup on the instrument anyways.

Let us know how it works out for you.

3. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
    IT seems like the best choice where i live . Are these good specs?
    Product Description
    This great looking bass from Davison Guitars comes with a remarkable quilted maple red top! # Overall Length - 45.5" # Body Thickness - 1.75" # Upper Width - 11" # Lower Width - 13" # Scale Length - 34" # Nut Width - 2 1/16" # Weight (lbs) - 9.75 # Fingerboard -Rosewood # Body - Basswood # Top - Quilited Maple # Neck - Maple # Pickups -Passive # Bridge - Chrome # Tuners - Chrome

4. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
    It may be worth chaagin the electronics later?

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Looks like it comes out of the same factory as some of the SX models. Nice! Give it a try!

6. I've ordered from them. I scored a semi-hollow, medium scale 5 string. Not a bad bass for the cost. Stock pickups are a little weak though.

7. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
    does it look like a keeper?

I am not sure if this one would cause problems fretwise and tunerwise

8. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
    so do u think i should get it or SX ? which one is better quality?

9. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    SX is known to have good quality for the price. I've never heard of Davidson.

Reputation aside, which one has better specs to you? Only you can know your preference in body shape, color, scale length, string spacing, and electronics.

10. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
    I love the Fender jazz shape so SX seems better .

11. I feel for foreign guys..

They can't easily score a GT7, TL6 or Axcellerator

12. @FunkQueen - There are also Douglas & Brice brands, (usually +/- $200) similar to SX (Essex).

@MNAirHead - Agree with your comment. But, on the other hand, I'm sure those in Europe can score a Ritter, Jerzy Drozd, etc. at a better price than we can get them in North America.

13. Toleranc

Point taken.. but we can buy Schacks, Bogarts etc here for garage sale prices.

We can also score Moon, Vestax etc..

Euro and Asian botiques hide behind Fender.

14. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Took me many months of looking before an Axcelerator 6 showed up.

That Davison looks fine to me, I'd buy one.

15. FunkQueen

FunkQueen

Aug 23, 2007
    So damn hard to find anything in a reasonable price range.
    I ll tell u the only popular options here (and u cant find all of the models all the time either 4 they re so high priced here)
    Cort - Fender - Washburn - Yamaha - SX - some hand-made models - Ibanez

16. Ouch...

17. Seriously..

Maybe Instabul is our next family vacation.

I brought VW heads to Cyprus.. a bass would be more fun.

Tim

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021