1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dawner Prince Starla Tremolo - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by IncX, Nov 2, 2013.

1. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    i've been looking for a tremolo with tap tempo, and i got to check this out on Prymaxe's website.

it's awesome for guitar:

... and whoa! i just found out its made in Croatia

2. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    That looks good, although I can't watch the video now. I just got a Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter (http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/stompboxes/sfx07_shape_shi/) which has similar features. Im happy with it, but the previous owner had it modified to add a very important feature - the ability to tap in the tempo when the effect is bypassed. You should check if the Starla can do that, otherwise you always start at the wrong tempo.

3. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    i heard about the seymour duncan shape shifter and ppl's gripes against it (tap tempo can only work after you have engaged the pedal) ... it's cool you have the right mod for it.

as for the Starla, yes, you can tap while the effect is bypassed... i am a little concerned about it losing low end (despite having read that its a rare problem for tremolo pedals).

i mean, it is $234 ... and my pedal board needs a zvex-sized pedal and nothing else. my other option is a cheaper zvex sonar trem.

i guess not many TB-ers have had a starla tremolo