Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dax Riggs: Deadboy and the Elephantmen

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by rwagne2, Aug 14, 2002.

1. rwagne2

rwagne2

Aug 2, 2001
    Anybody listen to D&tEM? Dax Riggs was the singer for Acidbath and Agents of Oblivion. His newest band is excellent, and is the best live show I have ever seen. The singing, writing, music and playing are phenomenal and totally inspiring - they don't have to resort to silly stage acts to get attention.

Dax's voice is IMHO the best in music right now. Its really amazing how he totally mesmerizes the audience. No one dares go to the restroom or the bar while a song is playing. Its also interesting how he plays guitar - he tunes so that all his chords have only root & fifth voicings - specific tonalities are imparted by his voice or other accompaniment.

Dax plays solo gigs around here too. He's the only person I know who can charge $5 cover and still get a room packed to listen to cover songs.

If you haven't already, you should really really check them out.

www.deadboyandtheelephantmen.com

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im a late bloomer when it comes to Acid Bath. Crazy band. One minute folky acoustic then all out hardcore.

Agents of Oblivion is cool to. More rock.

I just ordered Acid Baths DVD and Deadboy and the Elephantmen's CD. Im looking forward to it. Looks like they are in need of a guitarist and keyboard.