1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Day Old Obligatos for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bassdogEmer, Dec 27, 2005.

1. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie Amps, Bag end,Thomastik - Infeld Strings
    I have a day old set of Obligatos for sale - slapped them on my Juzek but didnt like the feel - took em off.

full set - E,A,D and G

$90 - shipping included
    paypal is fine

2. flatback

flatback

May 6, 2004
    Bolinas Ca
    Andy
    check out the Thomastik Dominants next. I tried the Obligatos and quickly moved over to the Dominants (I got them both at the same time) A little higher tension kind of a half and half sound (gut/steel...a little more on the steel). Some guys are buying the solos and tuning them down a step to normal tuning. I have not tried that yet, but I have one of these tailpiece adjusters that allows you to set the string tension kind of where you want it.
    Happy H

3. bassdogEmer

bassdogEmer

Sep 14, 2005
    San Francisco
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie Amps, Bag end,Thomastik - Infeld Strings
    Hey Flatback -
    thanks. Acutally - I tried the obligatos cuz I gottem for $90 from a freind with an endorsement. I am actually sticking with the thomastik metal strings- what I have been using forever - the weichs - with an orchestra G - sometimes I step over to the super flexibles. I tried the dominants on todd Coolmans bass recently and they felt like Telephone cables to me :oops: but I could see why a lot of players like em. My Juzek was set up with Neck alignment for for really nice tension with metal strings.. so I am gonna stick with what I know. Hey, by the way - I will be out there on tour through the month of February and the begining of March - lets try to hang a little bit. I will post some picks of my new juzek soon
    happy Holidays to you and Lisa and ofcourse..lucian!
    ciao
    A
    :bassist:

4. alexisbass

alexisbass

Jun 11, 2003
    Andrew!

That's funny, I had Obligatos for 3 days and hated them. Moved to Velvet Animas now and they rule.

CU Around

Alexis