Daylight Savings Time Ending means....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NJL, Oct 31, 2005.

1. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Don't forget to change your smoke detector or CM detector batteries!

Simple rule, when the time changes, so do the batteries in those life savers!

Think smart!

(OK, i'm done with my PSA) :D
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    definitely a good idea
  4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

...having your clocks once more in sync with Metlakatla! ;)
  5. Sojourner

Sojourner Supporting Member

This message brought to you by the letter C and the number 26...
  6. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Showing your age there Sojourner hehe. I miss the Count and Oscar :)
  7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

When I saw a reply from Juneau on here I thought it was going to be from someone who knew where Metlakatla was!
    Anyway, it's an island near Ketchikan where the natives said the hell with changing the clocks twice a year! I'm with them!

Hey Juneau, there still isn't a headstock shot of a Dingwall on the Favorite Headstocks thread. Probably needs to be a 5 stringer too, if you know where one might be found! :)
  8. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

What was that battery link you had for cheap there DAWG?

Oh, and you don't have to find an Aleut to find anti-DST
    people, parts of Indiana and the State of Arizona don't
    change either.

The Time cake is taken by The Newfoundlanders though,
    they are 1.5 hours ahead of Eastern time. Why a half hour?
    Good question...
  9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    We don't change anything over here either.
  10. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

I buy Duracell Procells - I have a brother that uses them on all tours...

(another PSA)
  11. Daylight savings time ending means...

The return of the dreaded WORLD CLOCK !!! :eek:

Mike :D
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, I caught the clock at 1:11:11 AM on oct. 30th, then, an hour later, I looked up and it was 1:11:11 AM again.

If anyone here knows my history with that number, you will understand why I boarded up the windows, grabbed some knives and a can of zombie-off and proceeded to sleep uneasily throughout the night.
  13. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

At least there are some sane thinkers out there, but don't let the Tlingkits hear you referring to them as Aleuts! It's a long way from Southeast Alaska to Southwest Alaska!
    Anyway, a Haida once told me "You'll never find a Tlingkit in a Haida bed."! :p
    I don't know if it's true, but I was in one once or twice! Oops, family site... :bag:

Hard to believe they came up with a world standard time to do away with the confusion of differing time zones, sometimes of only 10 minutes, only to replace it with the present stupid system that forces us to check where on earth we are at least twice a year so we'll know what to set our clocks to, and the Newfoundlanders want to make sure they have it even more confusing! As you said, good question...
  14. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I always try to catch my watch when it reads 11:11:11 AM on 11/11 of every year. By a pure fluke, the first time I did that was my freshman year in high school and I just happened to look at my watch right at that moment. I took it as a sign or something and I've tried to do it every year since then. Or maybe I'm just weird.
  15. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You know you're a musician when your smoke detectors don't have batteries because you ran out of 9V for your Big Muff and took the one outta the smoke detector instead.

No joke.
  16. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Damn, now I'm gonna be thinking about it too... :scowl:

Ten days left and counting. Just wish we could have done this 894 years ago! I guess the watches weren't very good yet though... :rollno:
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

I've never *tried* to do it. It just happens. That's why it freaked me out.

It started a year ago with 3:33:33, which I saw twice in one day. Then for about a month, I'd catch 3:33:33, 2:22:22 4:44:44 and 1:11:11. That went on for long enough. With occasional lapses, but then when I'd least expect it, I'd just so happen to look at a clock at one of these symmetrical times.

11:11:11 started happening about 6 months back.

Naturally, my first thought was that it was just habit, like, I was looking at the clock every couple seconds, but I only registered the interesting times. But the thing is, what made me realize this, is that it would happen even after being away from any clocks for hours at a time. Not too long ago, before my morning shower I looked at the clock, it was 11:08 AM, I thought to myself "ha! I'm not going to see 11:11 today because I'll be in the shower!"

I got out of the shower at least 10 minutes later, and sat down at my computer. Looked at the clock, it was 11:11:11. My bedside clock was fast!

So ya, I did some research, and apparently this happens to lots of people all over the place. There is some cult or something that believes in the awakening of the spiritual one-ness and all sorts of metaphysical hooey for people that experience this stuff. I personally think it's just a random freak coincidence that's happened enough times for me to not even think about it anymore.
  18. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It (DLS ending) also means......

...coming home from school in the dark:bawl:
  19. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    I have a buddy that has had the same thing happen with him, all the time, with 10:11. That is weird.
  20. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It happened to me for about a month straight. Waking up every 77 minutes to hit 1:11 AM, 2:22 AM, 3:33 AM and 4:44 AM. Wierdness.