1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DB in a prius

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by ghotinugget, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ESPdesign

ESPdesign

Jul 25, 2007
    SMART.

The car.

2. I drove one of the new ones (the '07 Minis have been redesigned by BMW). It drives like BMW 3 series or maybe an Audi A3. It's too bad because the old new ones had a real personality all of their own. They were designed by the Rover company but weren't put into production until BMW bought Mini. The new new ones are about 3 inches longer with a taller bonnet. I really didn't like it that much; it isn't nearly as much fun to drive. You can't really throw it around like old new ones turning corners at 40 mph without going anywhere near the performance edge.

The original Minis were great. They had 10 or 12 inch wheels and weighed about 1600 pounds. The new ones are positively Hummer-like (at 2600 pounds) in comparison.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

mark

3. Ok. You got us there. I don't think you could get a bass guitar in a Smart.
    mark

4. Aleph5

Aleph5

Feb 24, 2004
    Tennessee
    You must mean 960 sedan. We have a 960 wagon, which is of course no problem.

5. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
  6. ESPdesign

ESPdesign

Jul 25, 2007
    I would love an Atom :oops:

7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    0-100-0 mph in under 12 seconds. Yikes. Or as one reviewer put it... "0-60 with a heart attack". Something like 2.6 seconds.

It took me awhile to recall this car's link to the Ariel motorcycles that I lusted after when I was a kid.

8. 2.6 to 60 is a motorcycle time. Yowza! Your head probably smashes into the headrest when accelerating. Cool car.

9. Audi TT, Porsche Boxster, Porsche Cayman, any Ferrari ever made, Bugatti Veyron, Lotus Exige, Mazda Miata, BMW Z3, Z4 and Z8.

10. ESPdesign

ESPdesign

Jul 25, 2007
    The RS6 was able to put down 0-60-0 in something like 7.4 or 7.6seconds. I always thought that was pretty amazing :oops:

11. *fenderbass*

*fenderbass*

Dec 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I would love to see some pictures to go with some of these stories.

3/4 size DB in a Mini Cooper? I believe you, but I still want to see it with my own eyes. :)

12. milomo

milomo

Aug 5, 2007
    Bloomfield, NJ
    I've got a 2002 Toyota Echo, and the bass fits in it like a glove. I can't see much of anything to the right of me, but hey, there isn't much going on over there anyway, right?

13. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    2005 Echo Hatchback for me!
    It's called a Yaris now.
    Cute, blue, and "just right" for all my needs.

LM