Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

db in barcelona?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Matthew Tucker, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Matthew Tucker

Matthew Tucker Commercial User

Aug 21, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Owner: Bresque Basses, Sydney Basses and Cellos
    where does a DB nut go when on holiday in in Barcelona? Any shops or lutieros here?

MT

2. GirlBass

GirlBass

Jul 31, 2005
    New York
    Hey,
    I spent a month in barcelona last summer, but unfortunately I couldn't get in touch with any DB related things- the symphony's season was over. I think they have summers off.
    But I HIGHLY recommend checking out the Palau de la musica catalana. (http://www.palaumusica.org/virtual.html) It is breath takingly beautiful. Take the tour if you can- they play the Bach D minor toccata and fugue on the organ. If you're lucky there will even be a concert while you're there. I missed Vienna by a week! Damn it!
    Non-bass related you must see parc guell and climb the tower to the top of the sagrada familia.
    Tell me how it goes :)

3. basstef

basstef Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Bologna, Italy
    Barcelona is probably my favourite city in Europe. I go there quite often to work or just vacation, my wife and I have a lot of friends. Actually I'm going there next Aug 18th...
    As for any luthiers, the only one I know, and for sure the biggest in town is called "Casa Paramon" and is just two minutes from plaza Catalunya. Walk down the Rambla towards the sea and take the first (or second? I don't remember) street on the right. After 20 meters you see the shop. They generally have a few basses new and old and quite a lot of accessories. Have fun :)

4. Matthew Tucker

Matthew Tucker Commercial User

Aug 21, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Owner: Bresque Basses, Sydney Basses and Cellos
    Yep, did Park Guell and Sagrada Famiglia and other gaudi stuff and it is all stunning. Very inspiring. Just had two days respite at a small old town called Agers where you can eat sugared almonds and watch the paragliders leap from the spectacular mountain peaks and land in the camping ground ...

Now I have one day left in Barcelona and am only a 20 min walk down Sants to placa Catalunya so i will - if my flu allows me - get down there. (They´re probably closed though until end august!) Thanks for the tip. I´ll try to check out palaumusical too, drag the kids along ...

Next stop Italy, with a few days in Rome and Florence - any tips on DB stuff there?