DB Trunk or DB Rental?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by dukelukic, Jun 10, 2003.

1. dukelukic

Apr 27, 2000
    Rutherford NJ
    Hello everybody!

I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm going to Europe with a concert band :eek: to play a few gigs at a festival, and the promise "Don't worry, they have an instrument there for you" has pretty much evaporated into "Better take your plank and rent an amp." Yuck.

Does anyone in the New York City area have or know someone who has a double bass trunk who would be willing to rent it for approximately two weeks (June 21 2003-July 5 2003)? I really don't want to travel with my instrument because my neck joint is slowly starting to give (Hi Arnold!), but I really don't want to play these gigs on plank.

As an alternative, do any of our European friends know of a bass shop or music store in the Nice-St. Tropez area (southeast France) that rents DB's, or does anyone in that area have a "second" DB they would be willing to rent? The quality of the instrument isn't an issue--this is a concert band with two tubas and five trombones, and I can't be heard very often if at all--I think my main purpose is to give the band visual legitimacy :D . The actual dates that I need the DB are Thursday June 26 through Sunday June 29--I could return it Monday morning. This would be far more preferable because it eliminates all the travel hassles, but it's probably an expensive option.

Any replies or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to all of the regular contributors here--you've made this board an incredible resource (guess it's time for that ol' supporting membership...)