Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DB359/DB750 through a Schroeder Medium Box

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BuffaloBob4343, Dec 16, 2005.

1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Has anyone played either a DB359 or a DB750 through a Schroeder 1210 or 1212.

I am picking up a 1210 w/ selenium for smaller gigs and also to stack with my 21012 when the appropriate situation arises (sort of a modular 310212).

What I'm looking for is a great tone monster with enough hueavos to drive that 1210 into its sweet spot for those smaller gigs and rehearsals.

I'm also open to suggestions other than Aguilar, although I am very enamored with that company's stuff.

Thanks!

2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'll have to try out that combo tonight and give you the lowdown. Never tried it, but I'm looking forward to.
    DB750 into a 1210 - my guess is that it will be warm and punchy, with nice projection and dispersion.

3. anastasio24

anastasio24

May 24, 2003
    Maryland
    Jive, you had better run that test tonight if you are going to run it :)

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

i'm too lazy to search thru the monster thread to find out what they means.

5. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    The Selenium tweeter is an option available on Schroeder cabinets. The Selenium tweeter is a little more aggressive than the titanium one.

6. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    When I asked Jorg about using an Ashdown EVO II 500 with my 1210 and/or 1212, he said he liked it but also added :

"If you have the money you honestly should look at an Aguilar DB750, this is an awesome amp. I use it for larger gigs and it can handle a 2 ohm load, lots of beef, clarity and a very simple but effective eq section."

There you have it, from the man himself!

7. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Just gone done doing a short little test with a Roscoe SKB3006.

Initial reaction - WOW! Sounds awesome. The Schroeder doesn't have the clarity as some other cabs that I matched with it, but it has booty in spades. Tons of warmth, big fat bottom, and nice projection.

The DB750 didn't let me down on this cab. The two together makes for a combo with alot of warmth. The DB750 doesn't detract from the voicing that makes the Schroeder medium box cabs sit well in a mix. It accents it.

The Schroeder doesn't seem to have problems with the amount of power that the DB750 puts out. It handles it real well, and the B string was killin.

8. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Finally was able to get back and check this thread, and thanks Jive1 for checking that out. Now if only I could get someone to chime in with the DB359. There is one available on the Bay for an intitial bid of $1300.

9. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Bump

I just picked up a DB359 and am now considering a Schroeder 1210 or 1212. If anyone has tried it, please chime in. :bassist: