1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DB680 MB1200 Tecamp M212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by krispn, Feb 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I've been lucky enough to pick up an Aguilar DB680/Fender MB 1200 pre/power amp after a very busy month of gigging and was able to give it a test in three different settings (rehearsals/gigs over the weekend.

Great tone out of the 680 - basically I could sculpt out or in any room anomalies or just set up a big phat sound to sit well with the band. The power amp gave me tonnes of headroom and power/punch.

I'd tried the preamp into my TTE 500 but it lacked a little of the oomphf compared to the fender. The whole rig sounded great and while there's a heap of tonal options available and I was gonna tweak I found a good solid tone pretty quickly which seemed to connect with the kick in a very pleasing way.

The pedal board has a Cali 76 comp which wasn't working too hard and a Basswitch which I basically had bypassed (just the comp on the loop)

All in all a very pleasing solid rig and a tone which worked really well for what and where I play! The band seemed happy, even the singer/guitarist noticed!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016