1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DB680 Users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Working Bass, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Working Bass

Working Bass Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    Im curious. How do you balance the master and gain against the master on your power amp?

2. It's very dependant on the tone I'm going for... BUT, the manual does suggest having both somewhere in the sweet spot between 10 and 2 o'clock... (from memory).

IMO it all sounds good, my biggest concern is balancing the level of my DB680 with my Glockenklang Bass Art Pre. The DB680 is much louder when set at 12 o'clock so I will usually set the gain level first, depending on tone preference and then match the master to my glock level...

3. Working Bass

Working Bass Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    Yeah, it seems to have quite a high output!

Any other 680 users wanna comment??

4. As previously mentioned, set the gain for the amount of grit you want. It does start to get a bit dirty between 10:00 and 2:00, depending on the particular bass and setting of the volume control on the bass.

Then adjust either the master on the preamp or level control on the power amp for the volume level you want.

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I don't want overdrive/grit; so I set the master on the lower side.
    At times I may push the input a little more into "added harmonics."
    Then, I run gain as needed to drive the poweramp.

As my poweramp is 2400 watts, I set the volume where ever it needs to be to drive wahtever cabs are hooked to it.