1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DB750 owners: what are you using to protect it ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pmaraziti, Mar 11, 2008.

1. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Lucky DB750 owners (I got offered in trade one which I might go for)

What are you using to protect it ? Rack case (which) ? Head Case ? etc.

Thanks, Paolo

2. I've got mine in a SKB 4 space. I'm thinking of upgrading to a 4 sp. foam shockmount though... (I've had no issues with it in the SKB)

3. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I prefer the more retro look. It matches my cabs which makes for a cool look.

With previous DB750's I've owned, I had them in the Aguilar rack bag, which is a nice way to transport it as well...

DSC02320.

4. I LOVE the look of the headcases, but as far as transport protection, what do you do? There are no front or back covers right?

5. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I just sprayed the front and back with Scotchguard and that seems to work :).

What you see is what you get. I contacted Aguilar to see if they were planning on any type of slip cover to put over it and they said they are looking at the idea, but nothing would be ready until the end of the year.

I'm in a unique situation because I only play out once or twice a year and when I do play, everything is loaded by me in my own vehicle...so it isn't going to get much abuse.

If I were going to be playing a lot, I would probably go back to the rack bag. To be honest, if I were playing a lot, I'd probably find a lighter head...even though it is hard to beat the tone on the DB750.

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That was my concern, as well. I really love that look, but I'm quite picky about protection in transport, so my DB 750 resides in a Road Ready 4U case.

Tom.

7. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    I use a 4he EBS classic case that has wooden front and back covers.. but with the bars mounted in the front the the front cover doesn't fit.. Im workin on it.. looks ok thou... :eyebrow:

[​IMG]

8. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Well... I accepted the deal offered me and I'm the lucky owner of a brand new DB750 now... I tested it a couple of times and loved the tone, but always thought that I didn't deserve it... well, this chance was offered me and I took it...

I'll test it this afternoon...so far I can tell... is HEAVY ! :) well, you know I was playing wiht a LMII which I'm still very happy with and might not sell...

The guy who gave me the DB750 threw in an Aguilar rack bag which seems to be a nice solution to the question I was posing, I didn't realise that "rack bag" means it has a solid structure around it and it's made in a way you can unizp the front and rear covers and just play... nice.

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I use a 6 space SKB rack. It's beat to hell but it works!

10. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    yeah, looks ok.

:eek:

p.s. you could take the grab bars off...

pps I just checked, and that EBS case is available in a 3-space... :D

11. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I have a head case, but I'm thinking about getting a rack bag for it.
    Is it easier to carry around with the bag or with the head case?

Does the bag offer as much protection as the head case?

12. pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    I got an Aguilar rack bag in my deal. It looks very robust and equally strong than the Aguilar headcase that I saw in a shop. It has an ok handle to move it which forces you to use only one hand to move it around, and this thing is quite heavy.

On the plus side, the rack bag has front and back covers which are padded, still soft though. The covers have a zip so you can open the front and the back, plug in and play. I like this. Of course the covers agre great also for dust protecion and scratches.

On the negative side, I'd have preferred Aguilar to place the external useful pockets of the bag on the other side with respect to where they are now. When I put my amp on the cab, I like to unzip covers adn fold them towards the upside of the amp so that they don't end up on the front of the cab. If you want to do that, the bag has to sit on the external pockets make them unusable.

All in all, I like the rack bag concept.

Paolo

13. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    When I used my Aguilar rack bag for my 750, I would just unzip the flap, and fold it under, with the amp on top of it. It fits perfect and that way the external pockets are still on top.