1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DB750 & Schroeder = Love

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ptidwell, Apr 7, 2006.

1. ptidwell

ptidwell Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    So I think I found my match. I started off seeking a new amp.
    I went to BassExchange here in LA to tryout an iAMP 800.
    Well when I walked in the sound room Gary had the DB750 hooked up to the GS412. I had been gassin' for the DB750 but my budget was like $1200.00, but as it goes since it was hooked up and all I tried the DB750. I never did hear the iAMP the aggie had me at hello. I didn't leave with though, I needed to decide if I wanted to spend an additional $1200.00. So while I was pondering the descision I did a search for a DB750 and bingo, I found one in the recycler 8 months new $1500.00
    I called this guy Jorg set up a time to connect. So I pull up to his house and noticed that a couple of trucks have these Schroeder logos and web address on them, then it was bling Jorg of Schroeder cabs. So we went into his studio (cab heaven) he handed me this beautiful 6 string MTD to play through the DB750 into a Schroeder 1212 - clarity, definition and plenty punch through one 1212 wow. We talked about different option cabs with the DB750 best combo for me was one 1212 and one 1210 the 310212 is nice but more than what I can pack since back surgery. So I going to offer the Acme B2's and go for a 1212 & 1210 with the DB750. By the way Jorg has some awesome basses, and he loved my Valenti with the Nordstrand dual coils & the OBP-3. So overall I liked the clarity, punch and weight of the Schroeder and will go back next week to pick them up.

2. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    Very cool! I've been feeling the itch for a DB750 myself lately to accompany my Valenti and Roscoe:ninja:

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I think the 750/1212R has been Jorg's personal rig for a while. I bet it sounds awesome. The Thunderfunk/1212 pairs up very well also, for those times when you don't want to haul the 750 and don't need quite so much volume and bottom.

Very cool... enjoy!

4. Nice!!!... I also got mine: MTD 435 + Ampeg SVT Classic + Scroeder 410 = L.O.V.E.

:):):)

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeeeaaahhhh.....
    That's not gonna suck, even a tiny little bit.

Jorg is a great person all the way around. Fun to talk to, nice to deal with (I've bought used stuff from him before), and he also builds some pretty freakin kewl cabs-as you found out;) If you have back issues, consider looking into his "Light" series cabs with neo drivers, it shaves some more weight off...

6. If you bought Jorg's DB750, does that mean that Jorg no longer uses a one with his cabs? What is he using now???

I think that is a very cool story though... you meeting this guy to buy an amp from the recycler and the guy happens to be one of the most popular guy on the forum!

Have fun with the Aggie... I've got serious gas for one too!

Rocky

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Jorg's 750: I think he had two...

8. ptidwell

ptidwell Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets