1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DB810 on the way....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JGR, Feb 21, 2008.

1. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Just used the MF 20% off coupon for another RPM and a DB810. Both are on backorder which is fine cause the old tax return should be in by the time they ship.

So what should I expect from this monster cab?

JR

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Nice! What color did you get?

3. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Classic Black.

4. I use 2 of the Chocolate Thunder 2 X 10's, and would love to know how the 8 X 10 sounds... what amp and basses are you going to use? What kind of music do you play?

5. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You're gonna blow off some walls with that cab. I own a pair of DB410s and they're great for a super punchy mid boosted sound. I love them with my DB750 and Lakland Glaub.

Keep us posted when you get it.

Enjoy

6. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    The GK2001RB should be fun with all 1080 watts pumping though it. Also got a Landmark 600, and the preamp/power amp rigs - RPM/RBI/SWR IOD/DB650 into SWR Power 750's (2)/DB728 (2). Basses are various J's and P-J's, Rick, MM 30th anniversary. I play ROCK!!!:bassist:

JR

7. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    i am very envious of your gear -_-

some group pics would be beautiful! or at least one of the 810 and the preamp/poweramp combo your going to use.

its bound to sound killer dude!

8. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    Been playing mine for just shy of 2 weeks now..

Its the BEST sounding speaker ive EVER played through... (Ive gone throug some pretty big expencive rigs.. tube/hybrid/ss)

You can expect punch.. and lots of it.. ;)

The weight is the only drawback.. but its worth it..

To quote tombowlus: Life is to short for light gear!

aV1R3QLr.

9. JGR

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    nice rig!

hey, i bet if we both open our doors and play at the same time, we'll be able to hear eachother! ;)

JR

10. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    Fact is.. when standing infront of the thing, with the amp @ half volume.. my first thaught was: I wonder if im disturbing the naighbours to the rehersalstudio.. then white dust started to fall down from the ceiling panels.. :D

Its one HELL of a wreckingball... :hyper: