Dbase w/ The Last Exit Party Band @ St. Theresa's Lawn Festival 6/22/17 now with Video

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dbase, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Played a 3 set gig at this lawn festival/carnival and boy am I tired... Too old to lug this crap in and out but the wives helped also. I don't know how BassCliff does it to tell you the truth. I pulled everything out of the closet for this gig and it paid off. Just look at all the
    wires laying all over the place, somebody call OSHA. My Hartke sounded great, If you notice my LH500 is sitting in the wings because I still don't trust my new TX600 and wanted backup. The Tx600 sounded great.. secret was turning the main all the way up to 12 and adjusting the gain accordingly. I was pushing some air to the point the guitar player had the nerve to tell me to turn down the bass and turn up the treble.. I said then that would make me a guitar player not a bass player.
    Here's the venue.

20170622_183548_resized_1.jpg
    20170622_183533_resized_1.jpg
    Lead guitar uses a 1965 Fender Band Master headwith a Marshall 2x12 cab.
    2nd guitar players amp
    20170622_183556_resized_1.jpg
    We started at 7 but when it got darker we had a full house

20170622_183639_resized_1.jpg
    20170622_183707_resized_1.jpg
    Check out the menu .. cheap
    20170622_183937_resized_1.jpg
    I had the pizza and washed it down with a double cheesesteak
    20170622_183924_resized_1.jpg

20170622_185252_resized_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Ooooh! Kielbasa, no kraut, please! :woot:

McG, nixdad and dbase like this.
  3. SWRnut

SWRnut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Nice report. One day I have to slow down and take more pictures, so I can be like you guys.

McG, nixdad, dbase and 1 other person like this.
  4. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice report, dbase!

May the giggage be with you.

McG likes this.
  5. raluxs

raluxs

Jul 14, 2016
    Nice, got me hungry though

dbase and McG like this.
  6. Great stuff! You got any action shots? :)
    Also I like how the drum kit has your rick on it!

dbase and McG like this.
  7. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    What's the matter with your cord??? It's all.....TURQUOISE!! (Just kidding..). Nice report, nice gig, next time get some CHICK shots, or at least some of you playing!! ;) :bassist:

dbase and McG like this.
  8. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Nice report Bill! Almost dinner time here and the food shots made really me hungry!

I haven't played a three setter in several years. Most are one set gigs and some with two. I'm always tired after set up, two sets and tear down. Used to do three or four sets several times a month no problem, but I was much younger then. ;)

nixdad and dbase like this.
  9. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Actually they are mike cords. They had xlr plugs on the ends and I changed them to 1/4 in plugs. Radio Shack was going out of business so I bought out the entire drawer of 1/4 gold spring loaded plugs for 70% off. I like microphone cable because it's thinner and more flexible then instrument cables, plus I liked the color. The chicks were cute but it was family night so the husbands and kids where there also.. I had to behave myself. ;)

growlypants and McG like this.
  10. ...wait...what?
    "turn down the bass and turn up the treble?"
    That's heresy.

Thanks for the gig report, dbase. Looks like you had a great turn out for the event.

Are you running vocals only through the P.A.?

Cheers,
    Chuck

11. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Yeah... just for vocals although we might start miking the guitars.

kojack likes this.
  12. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Mr. @dbase!

Woo hoo! Way to go! Nice report!

I see you leave your cabs on your cart. Man, you must be getting old! ;) But that's a great looking rig.

How do I do it? It seems like half my gigs are backlined or use IEM only. These two things make me happy. I'm not getting any younger, ya know.

Tell your lead guitar player to get a good cabinet to go with that awesome amp. Every Marshall I've ever heard sounded like a cat fight.

Thanks for sharing Mr. @dbase! I hope you guys gig more often. That looked like a fun little carnival. Nice food shots! But, wait. Ketchup on a cheese steak? Is that normal?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

13. I hear you @dbase about getting too old. At this point I am only playing plug in gigs and I can no longer manage moving an amp in/out and then playing. Getting old is a frikking drag.

14. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I think I know where that is.

Gotta love church fair food. Usually pretty good and, like you said, CHEAP!

15. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    I'm not going to let old age stop me. I need to design a powered wheel chair with an integrated platform to haul my gear in and out, with a lift on my truck to put me back behind the drivers' seat. Or just hire a roadie.

Mark

16. I am considering having an understudy just to have a roadie to assist with moving equipment. It is sad because i used to be the first one there to set up my stuff and the PA, helped everyone else load in and out and the last to leave after loading my gear and the PA. Now I am good to get a bass and pedal board to a gig.
    I am already taking Uber or Lyft to a lot of gigs to cut down on walking.

17. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Brad, not trying to make light of your situation at all. I feel your pain. Hang in there and keep playing when you can. I think an understudy/roadie is a great idea.

Mark

18. I appreciate that Mark and my feelings were not hurt.

19. hermetic

hermetic

May 10, 2016
    Yeah, but it sure beats the alternative. Just keep playing.

Nice party dbase, enjoyed the pics, and the food, you ate all that. wow.

mwbonsall likes this.
  20. Playing yes, gigging,,,not so much.

mwbonsall and hermetic like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021