Dbase w/ The Lazy Eyed Blues Band @ Westwood Golf Club 12/18/15(w/ video added)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dbase, Dec 19, 2015.

1. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..

Well I have to admit, I am a convert to playing thru the sound system especially when you
    have 4 1x15's. Notice the lack of any backline amps. That's Tim our sound man and keyboard player setting up his new PA controller which he operates via his tablet. We are getting Hi-Teck now.

20151218_122344.jpg
    20151218_120557.jpg
    This is Brian with his guitar gizmo. He can now sound like he's playing thru a Marshall stack even though we have none.

20151218_124323.jpg
    This is Frank on slide guitar. He looks excited to be playing. Dom our drummer is headless in the corner
    20151218_125808.jpg
    Doing a sound check... It was loud, those dam hardwood floors.

20151218_140715.jpg
    The room was small, they had less people attending than last year.
    20151218_130724.jpg

Saving the best for last, Roast beef sandwich, Chicken Marsala, mashed potatoes, string beans, Cole slaw and macaroni salad piled high on the plate. That was my reward for a two hour gig.
    20151218_142143.jpg

That's it for this years gig, My next gig with this band will be in August 2016.
    Stay tuned, Folks, Don't touch that dial. ;)

Here's the video (please excuse the sound quality)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    McG, hrodbert696, vmabus and 3 others like this.
  2. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Very cool
    Merry Christmas

3. modulusman

modulusman Inactive

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Still haven't figured out the speaker stand thing have you?:banghead:

4. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Mr. dbase,

Well that looks like a fun little gig, quiet, easy load-in, without an overabundance of gear to schlep. That plate of food looks delish.

I see a lot of those Line 6 pods in use these days. In fact, Daniel uses two of them, one for his fiddle and one for his guitar. There are bass models too but I've never tried one.

Thanks for sharing your gig! I think you need to play more often. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Treadstone71 likes this.
  5. dbase, you're starting too make me drool drool drool Seriously, looks like a great time!:bassist:

6. vmabus

vmabus

Nov 1, 2013
    7200'
    I had one - save your money.

BassCliff and S-Bigbottom like this.
  7. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Hahaha, My buddy Mr. Modulusman....aka, (speaker stand police) All I can say is: In New Jersey, they banned speaker stands many years ago, The way I hear it was that it stems from a lawsuit back in 1969 when a rack of speakers fell on the crowd injuring many. I think it was Woodstock, anyway, we can't use them anymore. The way the law was written, it says since the state of NJ is mostly flat and in trying to keep with that motif, they don't allow speakers to be raised higher than two feet. I never believed that for one minute. I think some politician in Trenton has it in for speaker stands. Besides, if we did and got away with it, you can see how the speakers were lined up, we would be singing directly into the speakers. They were better suited on the floor. The room was small plus we had five powered units. I'm playing a gig on Monday with a different band... we cant use stands either, we will have to sit them on the floor... film at 11.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  8. modulusman

modulusman Inactive

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Yeah right I call bull crap on that. I hope you didn't think I meant putting your monitors on speaker stands. I'm talking about the ones facing the audience. This is sound reinforcement 101, you get the horns on the speakers up at least head high. If you are worried about a lawsuit you should look at the mess of cords you have out in the audience dance floor. It looks like crap and poses a trip hazard. It is funny that you have the monitors sitting at angle so the horns are aiming at your ears so you can hear but you don't seam to care what the audiences hears.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    dbase likes this.
  9. morgansterne

morgansterne Geek U.S.A.

Oct 25, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    well don't forget that this is the state where you can't pump your own gas.

bassbrad and dbase like this.
  10. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe they want you to hire some Mexicans to hold your speakers in the air for you.

dbase likes this.
  11. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    I have a BassPod. It has a decent tuner. end of usefulness.
    Right in the middle of a gig, it decided, on its own, it wanted to go into octavator mode and ignore my frantic stomping.
    (no, folks, it is not a Mexican Hat Dance).

dbase and BassCliff like this.
  12. Dbase, was that roast beef sandwich served au jus? Looks great, but it also looks like it needs gravy.

dbase likes this.
  13. dbase

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I didn't notice any gravy, the server just kept plopping everything she could get on the plate for the photo shot. They did have horseradish sauce. I'm getting hungry again just talking about it.

McG, BassCliff and Treadstone71 like this.
  14. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Cool gig dbase! There is a party room like that at the local community center that I've played in a few times. Tile floors and an all glass back wall. LOUD is an understatement.

Not surprised you have the sandwich pic. We need to start calling you dsandwich :)

dbase likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022