Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dBX 160X manual

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tedintheshed, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Does anyone have one of these they could e-mail me?

Thanks,
    Ted

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes- I did. I see the 160A in there but not the 160X.

Did I miss it?

Thanks,
    Ted

3. i saw the XL is that the same?
    or is the 160X a discontinued model?

4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't see the 160XL, but do see the 166XL.

The 160X is the predecessor to the 160A, before dBX was purchased by HK. I've heard people say that they are identical, with the 160A having cheaper components. I don't know if that's true or not, but I do kow that in the 160A manual it says you can't strap a 160a with a 160X. This leads me to beleive they aren't identical.

Ted

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    What do you mean when you say strap them together? Is that physically attach them, or electronically? I have a doodad that physically atteches 2 units, and each unit would have to have a recess in the side extrusions of the case in order for it to work. It could be that the X does not have this recess, but that would not affect the usefulness of the manual. BTW, if somebody wants my doodad (I'm unsure if it's complete), email me. I have no use for it.

6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    These units are mono units, but you can "strap" them together to run them as a single stereo unit or dual mono unit.

Ted