For Sale DBX 163x(over easy)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by punchdrunk, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Inactive

Jun 22, 2013
    Price:
    IMG_3147.JPG IMG_3148.JPG IMG_3150.JPG Here is an interesting vintage'esqe 1/2 rack compressor from DBX. This has been well used and has the cosmetic imperfections to show for it, but sounds and functions flawlessly. If your looking for punch, this thing will coil your signal into a tight little ball and slam it out with some serious thrust, and depending on how you dial it in, does a fantastic job of smoothing and limiting as well. From mild to affected with the bump of a slider (never gets unusable tho) great for the non fussy types like myself. Super easy to dial in, and is a true set it and forget it type of device. I used it with my Glock rig, and it fit perfectly with no added noise!
    I bought this unit years ago and have used it with zero issues for countless gigs. It's been off my rig for the last few years tho as I don't do rack systems any longer (nor do I use compression). The one quirk to this unit is that when I bought it, the former owner had glued it to the rack. As a result the unit comes with its own but in rack space (haha). I'm sure it can be removed, I've just never attempted to do so.
    $60 shipped conus.
    Hers a link to the Onvilan review
    dbx 163X

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Inactive

Jun 22, 2013
    Absolutely great compression here folks. Effective and super quiet.

3. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Inactive

Jun 22, 2013
    Entertaining offers/ trade bait for this one.

4. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Bump for a great sounding bass compressor. I still use one of these myself.

Unfortunate the previous owner glued it to the rack. I just velcroed mine to the unit underneath it.

Good luck with the sale!

punchdrunk likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022