1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DBX 266XL

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heckxx, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    Allright, so I bought this compressor thinking it would be alot better then the compressor i was using in my DOD Bass 30. I use this compressor straight from my guitar line, then it hits my effects setup and then the amp. I use compression generally just to keep my volume level more even; By low E-string (which is actually C in my tuning) always tended to be alot louder then the higher strings. I also play alot of riffs very high up on the neck (mimicking guitar lines), so compression keeps all of this relatively even

However, I have to keep the attack and release on this thing relativelty slow (both past 1:00), because the instructions say so, and i get this strange error-like noise if i make it any faster, when i play on certain low notes. Anyways I was just wondering if slow release/attack are acceptable for my needs for compression. Sometimes i feel like the volume is wavering becuase its just so slow to respond.