DBX driverack

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paulabass, Dec 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    I have a few DBX 260 driveracks (speaker management systems) around, and I wondered if anybody has used one in a bass rig. In a one space unit you could do 1/3 octave EQ, parametric EQ, HPF, compression, AND control it all from a tablet. You could even save settings/rooms/song patches.
    I don't know why I have never thought of this.
    Since all the outputs are assignable, you could even set up a separate FOH out.

2. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Responding to my own thread- I have some time on my hands, I'm going to run to my warehouse and grab a driverack, and a single 18" sub. Throw a 2x10 on top, then- alembic pre>driverack>power amp. Cross it over at about 90hz.

3. I have been using a GoRack for processing when going to a powered speaker of FOH and it worked very nicely. DriveRack may be overkill but no reason not to try, especially if you have a few around gathering dust. If you have a reference mic you could use it to ring in a bass rig to get a consistent sound room to room.
    I also use the GoRack for processing KickDrum mics, killer sound for a cheap price.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022