DC area wedding bands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by muggsy, Feb 17, 2004.

1. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I'm moving from Atlanta to DC in March, and getting married in DC in September. I'm trying to find a band to play the wedding reception at a DC hotel, but most of the bands I've seen and heard through local booking agencies are way too cheesy for my taste. I don't want glorified lounge singers with choreographed dance steps (not that there's anything wrong with either, just not what I'm looking for).

Anybody play in or know of a good DC area band that plays weddings? I'd love to find a good funk/rock band that can also play a few standards or swing tunes for the old folks. My future bride would like a band with both male and female lead vocalists, and horns are not required but would be a plus. You can PM or email me or just respond in this thread with any ideas. Thanks.
  2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Omni 1

They played my wedding a year and a half ago, they are incredible. The best wedding band I've ever seen, they are out of this world. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Tell Mario that Phil Hamm sent you. He even let me get onstage and play bass with the band near the end of the reception.