1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DC & Baltimore-area TBr's (shameless, I know ;-)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by patrickj, May 8, 2006.

1. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    If anyone's looking for something to do tonight (Monday - May 8), my band Molotov Valentine is playing at Fletchers in Baltimore (Fells Point area). It's presented by 98Rock (Noise In The Basement Live). We were on the NITB show last night with Matt Davis - first time on the radio, very cool stuff!

Tickets are $5 at the door and there's both street and garage parking. Doors open at 8 and please mention us at the door!

We're also auditioning a new guitarist who just rocks (currently a power trio) so let us know what you think!

[​IMG]

More info here:

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cf...etails&Band_Show_ID=4780691&friendid=49528561

PS: We're also shooting some footage for a music video tonight - so definitely come on out!

:bassist:

(I looked around, didn't see anything expressly forbidding gig promoing, so correct me if I'm wrong, thx!)

2. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Oh yeah, we're basically bawls-out rock. Heavy Vai/Sheehan influence, Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver, etc. Try to be heavy on musicianship, etc. (click my sig for some samples)

Thanks again!

:bassist:

3. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Nothing shameless about a little 'gigspam'. There are so
    many other good things on this forum to be ashamed of,
    getting a night out to chug the Low End shouldn't be one
    of them.

Have fun!

4. Good luck on this one. Used to play the Cat's Eye (great) and Ledbetter's (crummy) before I expatriated to DC.

Fells Point is a fun venue as long as the car's parked and secure and you've got a stage where the drunks won't eat you alive.

5. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    What an awesome Looooong night! I know at least 1 TBr was there (sorry dude, I forget your name already - thanks for coming out!)

Some pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're playing there again this Friday night (May 12th) so if anyone's interested in going, send me an email/pm and I'll hook you up with info and tix.

Peace, bass, rock&roll :bassist:

6. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I loved going to Fells Point. Only been there twice, but both times I had a blast. I love that store Sticky Fingers, I think it was called, and we ate at a resturaunt called The Green Turtle, they had really good food. I hate 98Rock though, they play too much GNR and Ozzy, blah.

Sorry to get off topic though, looks like it was a great show. If Fletchers is an all ages place, and you guys are playing there sometime in the summer, I might come to the show.

7. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Wanted to bump this one more time.. we shot a bunch of video at this gig for possible use down the road. I assembled a few bits into something to post here. Run time is about 12 minutes, feel free to comment away!

I Want It All
    Screaming In Her Sleep
    All My Life (Foo cover)

right click and save if you have trouble loading in the browser (safety settings)

http://twodogfilms.com/MV/MolotovValentine-NoiseInTheBasement.mpg

(it's shakeyish and the audio is from the room, not intended to be used straight through like i've got it here, but we only mean to use it for clips :oops:)