1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DC Brick or Voodoo PP2 for these pedals...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by torza, Mar 10, 2013.

1. torza

torza

Sep 20, 2005
    Hey all! So I've narrowed my power supply search to either the Brick or the Voodoo labs. I know the Brick less expensive and in some research, it seems it doesn't play nice with certain pedals. Of course I'd rather go for the Brick because of cost, but would it work well with this setup? ...
    MXR Bass Distortion Di, Boss OC-2, Boss CE-5, Boss DD-5, Sansamp Bass Driver.

Forgive my tech ignorance on this issue ;)

2. 90dphillips

90dphillips

Jan 11, 2012
    Murrieta
    IME those all would work with anything from a wall wart to a Voodoo, they are all pedals that tend to cooperate well. But think future too, if you get an Electro Harmonix or something that doesn't play nice with external power or other pedals, you'll probably wish you had the Voodoo Labs.
    So if you can honestly look in the mirror and tell yourself your pedal search is over, by all means go with the Brick. I would never pay extra for something I don't need.

Hope this helped somewhat.

3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 GAS resistance is utterly futile... Supporting Member

^^^^This.

4. bezo420

bezo420

Aug 28, 2011
    Mentor
    Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ user here, and I love it. I'm biased, but I say go with a Voodoo Labs, if for no other reason, than for the isolated outputs.

I've heard good things about the BBE Supercharger too. That might be an option.