Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DC/VA/MD--Good, tiny Frankencab 210

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dr. PhunkyPants, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Greetings DC/VA/MD denizens. I have a nice little cab that I fixed up and haven't been using. Originally a Carvin 210 with horn, I disconnected the horn and loaded two Eminence Delta 10's from Dave at Avatar. I then lined the cab with carpet padding and braced the baffle front-to-back with two 3/4" dowels. The speakers are rated at 350w each. The cab is a 4 ohm cab. It's light, has deep-dish handles on the top and bottom, and is on a nice set of Avatar casters. Only been used a few times.

$125, picked up in person near Dulles Airport. I'd keep it, but I promised my wife I'd sell some gear to raise some cash.

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    How heavy is it?

3. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I'd say it's between 40 and 45 pounds. But again, it's on generous casters and has deep dish handles on each end. Want to check it out?

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Pm'd ya about it.

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Still available--the speakers ALONE cost more than this!

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Any chance you'd cosider shipping it?

7. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    At this point, I'm trying to avoid it. I'll ship just about anything, but I hate to ship cabs. I'm hoping my DC/VA/MA brethren will see this good deal and snap it up....

....let's go crew!

8. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Alright, I'm curious.

I'm in the market for a 2x10 since I sold my EA CXL110. It's not quite what I was looking for, but since you're nearby it might be worth kicking the tires on it.
    I'm slammed this week and next, but hopefully I'll get a chance to check it out soon.

Is the cab made of MDF or plywood?

9. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    That's cool. I'm not 100% sure WHAT it's made of, but it's not too heavy. Plus, it has really tight, clean response.

10. how does it handle low end? I have a 4x10 now that does great for highs and mids, but breaks at low.

11. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Well, it's a 2x10 that uses the same speakers that you have in an Avatar 2x10. The cab is not optimized to deliver super low lows, nor are the speakers. However, they are efficient and quite good at what they ARE designed for. If you want serious booming lows, in general, get a 15" cab, have multiple cabs, or buy something that costs a lot more than this cab does.

12. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    sold.