Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

De Armond Pilot Pro and Peavey Grind bxp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slick519, Jan 19, 2002.

1. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    jsut kind of wondering, these two basses are alot alike in alot of ways. same pickup array, and other things. i have yet to play a Peavey grind, but i own a pilot pro 4, and i like it immensly. I like it more than most MIM fenders.

But, i do have a question, which one is better? which one has a lower price?

one reason is that im helping a friend of mine buy a bass, and i need something pretty cheap, 150 or so, and the de armonds went up in price quite a bit since i bought mine.

thanks,
    slicks

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I'm not familiar with the Peavey but the Dearmonds are discontinued. They were blown out over the last year but seem to be all gone now. I've got my Pro 4 up on ebay this week. If he wants to go new the Dearmonds are either few and far between or still at the original price.

3. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    thats a crying shame, dicontinuing those dearmonds. those are some good basses. did you like yours?

~Slicks

4. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I thought it was well made and sounded pretty good. However my main & favorite bass is a G&L L-2000 and compared to that everything else I've had is just lacking something. I'm selling the Dearmond and getting another G&L. I thought the Dearmonds were a good line - I guess Fender just didn't see them selling as well as their lines that say "Fender" on them.