1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

De Armond Pilot Pro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shumph, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    Hi all,
    I am a new bassist and I am about to purchase a De armond pilot Pro for $199. Is that a good deal or should I pass and get a Fender MIM Jazz Bass.
    I know alot of this is going to be personal opinion but as a new player I cannot make an informed decision because I still dont have the "BASS"ics down.
    TIA

Sean

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would definitely go with the DeArmond. But that's just me. I own both the basses in question, and without a doubt, the DeArmond is a better deal. That's not to say either bass is better than the other, but pricewise, it doesn't get any better than what DeArmonds are going for right now. I just bought a Pilot Pro 5 stringer for $250, which is down from about 500. For some reason all DeArmond products are insanely cheap (I'll figure out why, I think they're going under), but they're still high quality.

I think the DeArmond is too good a deal to pass up, especially for $199. Where are you planning on buying it from? Depending on what the money back warranty, you can always try the Jazz Bass if you dont like the Pilot.

Good luck!