Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

De Armond Pilot Pro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shumph, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    Hi all,
    I am a new bassist and I am about to purchase a De armond pilot Pro for $199. Is that a good deal or should I pass and get a Fender MIM Jazz Bass.
    I know alot of this is going to be personal opinion but as a new player I cannot make an informed decision because I still dont have the "BASS"ics down.
    TIA

Sean

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I would definitely go with the DeArmond. But that's just me. I own both the basses in question, and without a doubt, the DeArmond is a better deal. That's not to say either bass is better than the other, but pricewise, it doesn't get any better than what DeArmonds are going for right now. I just bought a Pilot Pro 5 stringer for $250, which is down from about 500. For some reason all DeArmond products are insanely cheap (I'll figure out why, I think they're going under), but they're still high quality.

I think the DeArmond is too good a deal to pass up, especially for $199. Where are you planning on buying it from? Depending on what the money back warranty, you can always try the Jazz Bass if you dont like the Pilot.

Good luck!