1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

De-badging MarkBass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jeffwo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jeffwo

jeffwo

Feb 16, 2010
    Leesburg, Virginia
    I just got a new mini-stack MarkBass rig after not being totally satisfied with a used CMD 121P. I got a new CMD 121H combo (the horn is so much better than that damn tweeter!) with a Traveller 121H cabinet. They stack together great, even though the combo is a little bit deeper than the cabinet.

The plastic MarkBass badges on the front bug me, however. They partially block the front of the speaker (it probably has no real effect on projection, but it seems unneccesary), and the cabinet badge is sideways when I stack them upright. I'd like to simply remove them. I've yet to pull off the screens to see how they're attached - has anyone de-badged theirs, and how difficult was it?

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Badges? Badges??

We don need no steenking Badges......

3. jeffwo

jeffwo

Feb 16, 2010
    Leesburg, Virginia
    I agree, Phalex!

I took off the front screen - the badge is attached with sticky foam and pulled off with a little effort. Now I have sticky foam residue on the screen. I don't want to scrape it too hard for fear of scratching the black paint, maybe the old WD-40 trick will work. Any other ideas?

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    WD-40'll get er done!

5. Goo-Gone should soften the residue enough for you to clean it off.

6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Avon Skin So Soft will remove the residue And do wonders for your hands! :)

Paul

7. Ted Zeppelin

Ted Zeppelin

Mar 23, 2019
    Austin, TX
    I used goo gone. Tedious but eventually came off. However my Ninja 212 badge broke in two places while slowly prying at it. So you must be careful and patient.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021