Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

De-tuning, is it safe?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, May 9, 2005.

1. I'm gonna be detuning my warwick to CGCF tonight for an audition. I've done it before and it sounds fine, i was just wondering, will it naff up my truss rod, or will it be like puttin ultra light gauge strings on(i know some people change the string gauge, and if the relief in the neck is more to their liking they don't bother to adjsut the truss rod)?

2. Ok. Thanks. I used to have my rockbass tuned BEAD with no adjustments and it never came to any harm. I suppose it's justl ike having low tension light gauge strings on. The action feels fine and it sounds pretty decent soooooooo I'm off to my audition for this new band.....

3. Are you auditioning with a Mudvayne tune??

4. Nope, I was auditioning playing Decapitated style stuff. Went really well. I have a very very trebbly kinda tone but with a lot of rumbly low end. They like a bit of click in the tone you see. It soudns really nicei n the mix though, so I'm happy. :-D