1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DEA Agent shoots self in foot, sues

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Basschair, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
  2. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I don't feel sorry for him at all. Something tells me he's a bit egotistical and pretentious, what with statements like this....
    uhh yeah with marskmanship skills like that, I highly doubt it.

If this doesn't work, I guess he can always play the race card. :meh:

AuG

3. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Hey, he did manage to shoot himself in the foot without looking/aiming, right? ;)

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The fact that he had his gun out too showing it off and talking about how professional he is...idiot.

BTW, they keep referring to the incident as an "accidental discharge." The proper terminology should be "negligent discharge," since he obviously had the gun pointed at a body part with his finger on the trigger. Nice work, Mr. Professional. :scowl:
    bc

5. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    What a wanker. And then he goes on like it's no big deal and he DIDN'T just shoot himself in the foot.

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Why on earth would you bring a loaded weapon into a classroom of kids? It doesn't take but a few seconds to unload your weapon, stash the clip or rounds in another pocket, and then reload when you leave. I'm all for preparedness, but only bad things can happen in situations like that. Imagine if that gun had been pointed out instead of down during the 'accidental discharge'...

7. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

That's what kills me about this. It looks like he pulls out his sidearm, locks the slide back and shows someone to the side that it isn't loaded (my impression, but it's hard to tell), and then starts his spiel, releases the slide (whatever happened to treating every gun as if it's loaded) which would in theory move a cartridge into the chamber and set the firing pin, and then on top of that, he's got his finger on the trigger. That's just stupid. Now, I did say I felt sorry for him, but I should elaborate: I feel sorry for him because it must be difficult to live life while being such a dumba$$.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, that's the best part.

"See? See how professional I am? That doesn't even hurt because I'm so professional. I just shot myself in the foot to prove a point - professionals like me get shot on a daily basis. You're not a professional though so don't go thinking you can shoot YOURSELF daily like I shoot myself. Sometimes I shoot myself twice in a day just to emphasize my professionalishism."

bc

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, he broke 3 of the 4 basic rules of gun safety which I'm quite sure he learned at some point in his life. It's just 4 things you have to remember which, if remembered and followed, make it impossible for such a thing to happen to anyone.

bc

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Well IMO, the issue here is the release of the tape, not the incident. I can understand his situation of never being fit for undercover work again since his face is now all over the internet. While he may be an egotistical idiot who shot himself in the foot, that doesnt make it right to ruin his career by releasing a tape to the public that had no business there.

11. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    :D So then he's lucky.

Lucky he didn't shoot some kid in the head. :rollno:

12. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    He actually says "See, if that happened to any of you, you'd have been blown away." Like, man, I'm just to manly to die. But, you're not. So be careful. And then, he goes to show off that rifle, too, and everyone is like "uhhhh, man...." :eek:

I'm just glad he hit his foot and not some little girls face.

13. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Hmm....most undercover cops I know are pretty picky about being filmed, especially in uninform or other clothing that identifies them as cops. I certainly hope that our best undercover DEA agent isn't stupid enough to allow himself to be filmed giving a talk to school kids.

When this lawsuit fails, he'll probably sue Glock. :rolleyes:

14. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

True, but it seems he's just as upset about (and suing for) being ridiculed by his coworkers. Aren't they the ones in the best position to judge his actions? I mean, they would know better than anyone just how dumb his actions were, wouldn't they?

Still, the tape shouldn't have been released, and in that point he seems to be in the right.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I agree. The video should never have been released.

bc

16. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Didn't Bill Clinton have an "accidental discharge"?

17. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    :rolleyes:
    Leave it to the Swiss to bring up Bill Clinton!

:D

18. I agree. The guy made a few mistakes - and obviously as a result of such, shot himself in the foot (no pun intended).

19. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Don't Glocks have 3 safties as well? A friend of mine was showing me one of his guns, and he handed it to me with the chamber empty and no clip. I took it and looked at it, and never touched the trigger. This goes to show, you can never be complacent with a gun. That may have been his biggest problem.

20. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh

????

If he is going to do something like that, mistake or not, and comprimise the safety of a room full of students, he should be looking for a different career. He should find a line of work where he will not be putting the lives of every person he is in a hundred yard radius of, in mortal danger. He definately gets an honorable mention for the darwin award in my book.

:bag: