Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dead Goon bass tab

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by mr_______bungle, Mar 6, 2004.

1. mr_______bungle

mr_______bungle

Feb 28, 2004
    england
    Hi all
    My new favourite band is Mr Bungle, and to put it simply... THEY RULE! Anyway, i was wondering if their are any other fans out there and also if they have the tab for Dead Goon on Mr. Bungle's self titled album. The bass on this track is on fretless and is totally incredible. I have transcribed the beginning, but the rest is impossible. If any of you people out there have the tab please send me a link or document. I have seen some totally rubbish attempts to tab it, but has anyone got the real thang! I heard it was on the website but that is under construction. I wouldn't mind talking about Mr. Bungle also if there are any fans out there, or maybe if anyone likes any Trevor Dunn solo stuff or any other Mike Patton side projects?

2. anyone even got an idea of it?.. im just looking for the main riff in the middle, it kinda pedals on one note.

3. Here you go...

Insane riff goes like this.

G|--6---5-----4----------------------------|
    D|-----------------8--7--6-----------------|
    A|----4---4-3----6--7--8--8--9h10p9-8h9--|
    E|------------------------------------------|

It's a pretty difficult bassline, one of the hardest I've attempted, and I still have problems with the second half of that riff. You kinda have to have a finger to a string to make it go by smoothly. Don't try it full speed first, you will **** up amazingly. Go slowly and build up speed.

4. cheers ill give it a shot, dunno if the threadstarter is still interested its been like two years

5. LOL, I didn't even notice that!

6. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    thread resurrection: anyone seen this video? barring the actual performance of it, kid seems to have it pretty well down... notes seem right, and it sounds like the recording to me. very similar to Tbird's tab up there, but with a couple of key differences. i'd finger it a little differently, but here it is:

7. spode master

spode master

Jan 21, 2007
    Yes I found that most helpful, I'm glad Trevor Posted it.

But for assistance in all other things related to life love and art.

This boy is wise beyond his years.. :smug:

8. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    HAHA! That's my friend Connor!
    Kid's a great bass player. He hangs out here, though I don't remember his username.