Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dead Hand System

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Well, this is weird. Dead Hand System has been revived. It's my buddy Nigel, who was one of the original guitarists/programmers in the band - I replaced him. Dead Hand has been over for a while now, and Nigel just got the domain under his control and is now using it as his solo project. Odd, but cool. Lots of really cool mp3s on there; check it out.

www.deadhandsystem.com

You should pay attention to this, Matt Till. It's industrial. You might learn something.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I just pretended to like industrial to get chicks... it turns out, chicks dont' like industrial. :D

I'll check it out.

What happened with DHS? I know you moved around, but you were in the studio with Reznor, that's pretty big deal, why did you disband.

Are you sure this is the same band. Dodt handsystem? :D It's like Limp Bizkit vs. limpbizkit. :D

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    It's a weird, long complicated story. We disbanded due to musical differences, personality differences, and commitment differences. It could have been a really cool thing; too bad it didn't work out.

Yes, this is Nigel, the old guitarist. He emailed me about it - I have done some trouble shooting for him on his site. It's an odd feeling, since Nigel was out of the band for a while before I joined. All in all, he's been away from DHS for three years now, which makes it odd that he took the name back over.

The band is not getting back together or anything (even though Nigel and I have talked about working together), but this is more of his online resume of sorts. He's been working on movie soundtracks for the last few years with Clint Mansell (one of the old NIN crew), and I don't think he's got any plans on being a rock and roll star. But it's good stuff, and I thought he needed some publicity, so I figured I'd send him a little traffic.

And no, industrial dudes do NOT get chicks. Ask Gia.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I dug Mansell's Pi soundtrack. I didn't know he was a member of NIN...I guess because I'm not a fan. I see now on allmusic that he played on The Fragile.

brad cook

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    So frustrating. I left my copy of the fragile in california, and none of my friends have it, except one guy who is a total NIN nutball and has all of their recordings and then some, but he's always spending time with his girlfriend, I literally haven't seen him in months because of that.

um... AUTOBAHN

6. Well, Flea was in it.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, it took me a while to realize what Bryan was talking about. I'm not sure, but I think WR might be talking about the Kraftwerk album that Flea's band was based on. :)

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I know the Kraftwerk album Autobahn but I don't know anything about any Flea involvement with said album. So...what the hell is being talked about here?

brad cook

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The Flea reference comes from the movie 'the big lebowski' flea plays one of the nihilists who were part of a failed music group called 'AUTOBAHN'

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that and I love that movie. It's obviously time for a reviewing. The nihilists were hilarious...throwing the weasel into the bathtub and whatnot.

brad cook

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Ben...you should go all Roger Waters and sue his ass! :D

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    *holds beer in the air* "DO IT!! DOOOO IIIIIIIIIT!!"

brad cook