Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dead notes on my Warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blamusic, Apr 1, 2004.

1. blamusic

blamusic

Mar 25, 2004
    I have a Corvette Proline. If I hold down the first E on the G string and let it ring then the note dies away much sooner then it should and in the end turns into a glass note (I hope thats what you call it in english, if not, I hope you know what I am talking about :)). The notes around that E also have the tendancie to do this, but the E's the worst.

Is that a dead note?

What can I do about it? Is it the neck? The string? A combination of everything? However expensive (changing the whole neck) I'd like to know what I should do.

Thanks
    Rob

2. mybluespector

mybluespector

Mar 22, 2004
    Joplin, Mo
    How old is this warwick? Warwicks necks really dont move! They r very tough. Id say start with getting new strings,then try adjustsing the bridge and the adjust-a-nut at head. But i would start with the strings first!

3. blamusic

blamusic

Mar 25, 2004
    It's a 2002 Warwick if I am not mistaken. Looks brand new anyhow. The last to digits on the back of the head are 02.

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    As the serial numbers are on the top or the back of the headstock, W does not change the necks AFAIK...

Is the action, string height right? Is the G-string still good or is it coming apart? - these would be the first things I would check

5. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    One more thing: are you holding it down with enough strength?

6. blamusic

blamusic

Mar 25, 2004
    HEY MUTANT BASSIST! En is Magyar vagyok. Mondjuk most epp usaban, de micsoda veletlen mar, hogy pont te valaszolsz a gondjaimra. Jol fogom le a hangot, de be kell allitani a hurokat megminden, ugyhogy aszem az lesz a gond. Remelem ertesz magyarul es nem csak egyetemre jarsz oda. So do you speak Hungarian?

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    By glass note, do you mean a harmonic maybe.

Just thinking, thats what I got out of that sentence

8. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Még hogy én? Ezt meg ki mondta? Á, dehogy! :D

Ez leginkább húr-problémának tűnik, de lehet a nyak beállítása is, amit minden második boltban megcsinálnak... na hajrá.

(Úgykülönben meg jó neked, ott minden van - én itt már két hónapja vadászok DR húrokat 6-oshoz, de sehol sincs! :( ebből már megint Ausztria lesz... ;) )