Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dead string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lo-end, Jul 25, 2001.

1. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I use Ernie Ball 45-105 "Hybrid" strings. I lowered my action on the E string and it magically went dead. Does this usually happen? By the way, I had a "witness point" where I bent the string over the saddle before I lowered the action.

2. I also use Ernie Ball strings...45-100 Super Slinky's actually. Although I haven't heard of you case before, I do notice that Ernie Ball strings tend to lose their "new tone/pop/sound" quickly. My band practiced from 4-10 last week everyday for a concert last Saturday. I changed my strings on Monday, and by Wednesday they sounded like they were old.

3. By the way, looking at your profile, how do you like the 8x10 Ampeg cab with the SVT3 Pro Amp? I am saving for the 8x10 and SVT head...if you could send me a private message, so I could ask you some questions.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    My ampeg stuff rules. It was definately worth the money. Ill never forget the day I first took it home and unplugged my bass from my 12 watt crate amp and plugged into the ampeg system :D