1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

dead truss rods

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by barboom, Sep 23, 2008.

1. barboom

barboom

Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    so, here's the deal. I've got an old ric copy from the 70's with dead/bent truss rods and have no clue as to where i would get new ones to put in. could anyone recommend a good place to get a pair? thanks

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    2 words: Good luck.
    2 other words: Major Surgery

But I know this is not an uncommon problem, so some other hapless rick-lover will have better advice than I... Good Luck!

3. barboom

barboom

Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    luckily the truss rods come out without ripping the whole neck to bits. the only problem i've got is trying to find out where to get a new set of rods.

4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Don't know if they have the one you're looking for, but you check with Stewart MacDonald- Stewmac.com (I think) I bought one for a Gibson Grabber from them a few years ago. :cool:

5. barboom

barboom

Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    i've checked out the stewmac rods and i think ill be getting them. thanks

6. dave251

dave251 Wendler Instruments

Feb 5, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    I think the StewMac "hot rod" may be too tall for the slot. The rods from WD Music might be a better fit. Be sure to measure the hole size and ask the right questions BEFORE you order.

7. barboom

barboom

Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    yeah the wd ones seem like a better fit. and they're 3$ cheaper:D