1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

dead truss rods

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by barboom, Sep 23, 2008.

  1. barboom


    Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    so, here's the deal. I've got an old ric copy from the 70's with dead/bent truss rods and have no clue as to where i would get new ones to put in. could anyone recommend a good place to get a pair? thanks
  2. SanDiegoHarry

    SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

    Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    2 words: Good luck.
    2 other words: Major Surgery

    But I know this is not an uncommon problem, so some other hapless rick-lover will have better advice than I... Good Luck!
  3. barboom


    Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    luckily the truss rods come out without ripping the whole neck to bits. the only problem i've got is trying to find out where to get a new set of rods.
  4. Oren Hudson

    Oren Hudson

    Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Don't know if they have the one you're looking for, but you check with Stewart MacDonald- Stewmac.com (I think) I bought one for a Gibson Grabber from them a few years ago. :cool:
  5. barboom


    Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    i've checked out the stewmac rods and i think ill be getting them. thanks
  6. dave251

    dave251 Wendler Instruments

    Feb 5, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    I think the StewMac "hot rod" may be too tall for the slot. The rods from WD Music might be a better fit. Be sure to measure the hole size and ask the right questions BEFORE you order.
  7. barboom


    Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    yeah the wd ones seem like a better fit. and they're 3$ cheaper:D

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.