Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dead wah pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderx55, Jul 12, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    H'ok so: Tomorrow night my band's playing our first major (read: paying) gig and tonight at practice, my guitarist's Vox wah pedal died. Like all of a sudden it stopped, sound, everything. He took it out of the loop and we continued on, and when he plugged it back in and rocked it on it just made that noise that an amp makes when you leave it on with a cable plugged in but no bass.

any thoughts on what this may be? to be fair, its like 5 years old and he wasn't mean to it just... not nice.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Could be anything from a dead battery to a broken wire to a mechanical failure.

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i was thinking mechanical failure: all the wires are intact, but he steps on it with all his weight to change otehr stuff at the same time...like i said, not nice. I'm thinking the pot came loose or something.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That's a possibility. But without having it in hand, what you said can be just about anything.