Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DEADWEIGHT

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Nov 14, 2002.

1. not sure if this should be here... there is no bass player in the band so I figured off topic would be the most fitting area

I have seen this band two times in the last two weeks and have been to their newest two cds non stop. They are a rock band from san fran with just drums, cello, and violin run through many effects and distortion. Brilliant stuff... i recommend eveyone checking out their stuff at www.deadweightsf.com
    trust me its amazing...

2. Grygore

Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hey, thanks for the link, I like them a lot :D

I dig these guys too:

Apocalyptica

3. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I listened to "Anesthesia". Very cool! I'm gonna buy that CD!:cool:

4. I stumbled across a band called Nargaroth... very very cool black metal.

:D:D

Merls

5. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Dude thanks for that one...They are so good they actually put chills up and down my spine...again...thank you

6. deadweight: great band, nice guys. if you're in the bay area, you can sometimes catch a free performance from the violin player at the powell street train station.

7. Grygore

Grygore

Oct 25, 2002
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Anytime Superfreak! I like to share, not nice to keep good music to yourself ;)

8. they are indeed very nice guys. i caught there setlist (on a paper plate :D ) at the last show up in Boston. When I asked Ben to sign it for me he invited me backstage. Really cool guy and I even got to help with his equipment... cant wait to see them again.

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Theses guy's Cool!

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Saw them last night with Les Claypool. They were excellent, I highly recommend them. Anyone know where you can get the first CD?

11. I asked Ben last night where I could get a copy of the first cd and he couldnt even tell me...
    it is now my holy quest to find that cd just to hear Queen Bee again (the song with the cello solo at the beginning)

12. i might be able to dig that one up... i'll let you guys know sometime next week.

13. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001

That would be very cool. I would cheerfully pay you for your trouble!

14. no problem. i'm moving this weekend, so give me some time to see what i have at home, and what might be available out of the studio. we might be able to work out a trade or something.

15. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, send me a PM when your all set!