Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deaf or Blind?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew West, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Deaf

22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Blind

34 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. If forced to make a choice, would you rather be deaf or blind? I would have to say deaf myself.

(No, I'm not trying to be insensitive. I was thinking about this on my way back to the office from the bookstore)

2. Is someone forcing you to make that choice? I'd pass on both.

3. I'd rather be blind, to be honest.

FF

4. blind but neither really!!! a world without sound would suck!!

5. Sometimes.... both.

6. does "none of the above" count on this one? ;)

but I guess I´d rather be blind, since music is such a big part of my life... :)

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    boy this was hard....

i chose deaf... I can't imagine a world without sight... either way, that sucks sucks sucks.

8. With polls like this, I choose Blindness...:rolleyes:

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Great answer, reedo!

10. How about we split the difference? I'll take deaf in one ear, and blind in one eye.

11. Good one, DS. :)

12. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    If I could do that, I´d do it but if I would have to choose only one thing I´d choose blindness...

13. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Can't imagine a life without music. Just playing the same old tunes in my head would go boring quickly. So, rather blind than deaf.

14. Beethoven was deaf, ya know.

15. ya beat me to it!

16. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    AFAIK, only during his last few years in life. Besides, very few people are talented with the kind of musical hearing he had. I'm not one of them. :(

17. Stevie Wonder is blind.

That, and I can already play with my eyes closed. But I NEEEEEDDD to hear my girlfriend's voice. It would kill me to not hear her sing.

Rock on
    Eric

18. If I where blind, i wouldnt be able to see chicks....

but if i were deaf, chicks wouldnt want me anyways....

and if i where deaf, i couldnt hear music....

So i choose being blind over deaf. Not that i plan on being either.

19. Definately want to be blind. No Music equals no Paul

20. BassDude24

BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    I would not bestow that fate on my worst enemy, well ok, maybe my worst enemy, but not someone that I just kinda don't like.

However, if I were in the hot seat, I would have to go with blind. I can't see not being able to hear, loss of light, I can live with, heck, I can still touch and feel the skin on my girl, so I don't need to see her, but I would need to hear her moan so I know when I complete my task.