1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Deal of a lifetime (with pics!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigchad64, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Looks like you won a bass lottery. Sweet deal.

2. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    Awesome deal!!!

3. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Yeah, I had the exact same thing happen to me...

and then the ALARM CLOCK went off! :bawl:

Awesome, man - congrats!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go check out craigslist...:D

4. Nice score...

In addition to checking Craigslist - I also always take a quick look when I pass by yard sales.

Ya never know...

5. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I have to say, I think it was pretty dishonest letting the guy sell it to you for that price without mentioning how much they really go for. From what you've said, he seems like a decent fella, so if you have no guilt about it, enjoy.

6. yeah, yeah...ok...yada yada yada :meh:

show us the Les Paul copy already! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

LOL

7. This guy is on the internet, he uses craigslist and communicates by email. If he chose not to research the value of an item he's selling, that's his perogative. He does seem like a decent fella. He also seemed happy to sell it. I have NO guilt. I just got a really good deal.

8. Ha:bassist: Pics will be up soon!:D

9. lol...I'm only joking...btw...that P-bass is ga-orj-jus

10. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    wow, how much do they go for generally over the pond?

11. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    At least $1500, maybe $2000 or a bit more, depending on the condition. That is a craaazy deal!

12. One is on ebay right now for $1400 American with a day left. I'm not sure about the one on ebay, but mine is all original, from the original owner.

13. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Okay, with that info, you just went from me saying, "hey, awesome deal" to "you *******!" (Definition of bleeped out word - child born out of wedlock or a rough file.....or in this case a guy that falls butt backwards into the deal of the century....):D

Seriouisly, that is a super cool deal and that bass looks fantastic!

14. GregC, I love your tag line! How true...

I'm really gassing right now for an Ampeg b15 to play my new toy through!

(playing through a br100 currently)

15. Ha:D

Thanks

16. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    There are deals and then there are steals....you got the latter.....you REALLY should have offered him more...at LEAST $500 or so...that would have at least made him feel good.....

oh well.....candy from a baby comes to mind...

17. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    That is amazing. For that price-I'll drive to Kansas or where ever it was. End up costing me more in case/plane fare than it would for the bass.

18. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That thought crossed my mind too. The problem is that if you are too willing to offer alot more than he asked, the price might really jump up because he could figure out just what he is letting go. That said, I probably have offered another $200.

Oh well, that is why I'm a teacher, not a businessman.:bag:

19. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    BTW, that is the kind of deal we all dream about! Please don't take my posts as any kind of put down.:cool:

20. Great job! :hyper: You just blew away my CL find from last weekend. $130 bucks for THAT!

I just got done looking through CL again. There is a Rogue for $100. So tell ya' what... I'll buy the Rogue, add $50 to sweeten the pot, then we can trade... deal?!

O.k. I'll add some new strings...

O.k. and a gig bag... last offer...

Good job man! I may have to move out to KC... Didn't you get a T-40 out there for $100 too?! Do people out there just hate basses, or are they all loaded, or WHAT?!?!

Ox.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021