1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Deal on G&L???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I was looking into this and I am thinking of taking this guy up on his sale. I have already contacted him and want to know if 795 (or even down some) is a good price.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35935

Also, I am sceptical. Not that I don't trust this guy but what are those 3rd party services used mostly for eBay? That sounds like a good idea having a 3rd party for a small cost.

2. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    *bump*

3. I bought a brand new G&L 2500 at BassNW for about $900 so you can probably buy "new" for not much more. With that said, I also sold that bass a year later for $800 so the price the guys asking for is certainly fair and "the going rate."

If your really interested in a G&L 2500 check this one out:

http://www.gguitars.com/servlet/Store.ViewInventory?STORE_ID=1&INVENTORY_ID=96&PAGE_NUMBER=1

It's more money but it has and ebony board, custom finish, and a sweet flame maple top...drool.;)

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I am always a little suspicious of someone just shows up at the site to post a classified. He totals only two posts and both are on his add.

The bass looks nice, The price seems about fair. Remember that is where he is starting.

Chas

5. That's a reasonable enough price, but you need to see how much shipping is and if you're not in the same country you need to look into brokerage and duties. I considered this L-2500, but another guy in town has one that same colour and I already have a sunburst bass (I know pretty superficial reasons :D). I'm also in Canada and by the time all the customs stuff is taken care of I can get a new one for about the same price. As an aside, my local store found me an L-2500, Blueburst with maple fingerboard at another dealer (actually the distributor found it, how's that for service?;)) so I don't have to wait 4 months for one direct from G&L! Yay! Can't wait!

6. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Coolness, thanks guys. I think I'll hold off and get a new one in a while.

Here's a puzzle: why aren't there Canadian deals on the G&L site but dealers for every other country?

7. G&L uses a distributor to handle its products in Canada. They deal directly with dealers in the States. Kief Music distributes G&L here. Their office is in Vancouver.
    MontyP, where are you in Canada?