Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Deal on G&L???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I was looking into this and I am thinking of taking this guy up on his sale. I have already contacted him and want to know if 795 (or even down some) is a good price.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35935

Also, I am sceptical. Not that I don't trust this guy but what are those 3rd party services used mostly for eBay? That sounds like a good idea having a 3rd party for a small cost.

2. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
  3. I bought a brand new G&L 2500 at BassNW for about $900 so you can probably buy "new" for not much more. With that said, I also sold that bass a year later for $800 so the price the guys asking for is certainly fair and "the going rate."

If your really interested in a G&L 2500 check this one out:

http://www.gguitars.com/servlet/Store.ViewInventory?STORE_ID=1&INVENTORY_ID=96&PAGE_NUMBER=1

It's more money but it has and ebony board, custom finish, and a sweet flame maple top...drool.;)

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I am always a little suspicious of someone just shows up at the site to post a classified. He totals only two posts and both are on his add.

The bass looks nice, The price seems about fair. Remember that is where he is starting.

Chas

5. That's a reasonable enough price, but you need to see how much shipping is and if you're not in the same country you need to look into brokerage and duties. I considered this L-2500, but another guy in town has one that same colour and I already have a sunburst bass (I know pretty superficial reasons :D). I'm also in Canada and by the time all the customs stuff is taken care of I can get a new one for about the same price. As an aside, my local store found me an L-2500, Blueburst with maple fingerboard at another dealer (actually the distributor found it, how's that for service?;)) so I don't have to wait 4 months for one direct from G&L! Yay! Can't wait!

6. Jeff Moote

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Coolness, thanks guys. I think I'll hold off and get a new one in a while.

Here's a puzzle: why aren't there Canadian deals on the G&L site but dealers for every other country?

7. G&L uses a distributor to handle its products in Canada. They deal directly with dealers in the States. Kief Music distributes G&L here. Their office is in Vancouver.
    MontyP, where are you in Canada?